Thursday, August 30, 2007

Rhinos in Love


I wanted to make something other than the traditional anniversary card for my husband, so I came up with this! Our 9th Anniversary was yesterday. I can't believe it has already been 9 years. Time goes waaaaaaay to fast!! When I used an Aquapainter on the rhinos the vellum warped a bit, but I left it because it raised the rhinos and kinda feels like rough skin. I thought the accident was really cool! I love when that happens!
Here is a list of the supplies I used...
stamps: Zoofari, Print Pattern, Unfrogettable (pulled heart out with black marker), Cute Converse (retired)
ink: Jet Black Staz On, River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate
card stock: River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, Whisper White, white vellum
accessories: vintage brads, natural hemp twine, aquapainter, black marker, 1/16" circle punch, dimensionals
I stamped a rhino on one side of the vellum, then flipped the vellum over and stamped him on the other side so they are looking at each other. I just used an aquapainter with Wild Wasabi ink to color them in.

6 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

That's brilliant...why can't I think of those ultra creative things???

Anonymous said...

Love it! (plus you could make it naughty and type in "you make me horny!" on the inside! )
*snort*

My Paper World said...

So cute! I love it when accidents turn into something great!
I love this card!

Emily said...

What a cute idea!! I don't really like those rhinos, but I love what you've done with them =). You've been tagged!
http://stampingexpressions.blogspot.com/2007/09/tag-im-it.html

Helen said...

Wow! This is fantastic! Hope you two rhinos had a great anniversary!

Tilly said...

This is so cute. What a great idea. I bet the warped vellum does add to the card!