Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Polished Stone Fun

I've had this set for quite some time now, but have only used it maybe once. I'm not sure why either. It is a beautiful set! Maybe I just needed to loose a ton of retired sets to open up my creativity a little bit! So... here is a card using the polished stone technique. If you haven't done this technique before it is very simple to do. Here is a list of the supplies needed...

2-3 classic ink reinkers in different colors (for this I used Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, and Gold Encore)

cotton balls

alcohol

glossy white cardstock

Directions: Get your cotton ball a little damp with alcohol (be sure not to saturate it). Add one drop of ink from reinker to cotton ball (I started with Artichoke). Rub all over glossy white cardstock until you get desired look. You can always add a little more alcohol to take a little ink away. Then repeat with a clean cotton ball and next color. Once I get to the metallic color I just barely touch the card in some spots so the gold isn't covering over all the ink. It dries almost instantly because of the alcohol. Viola! You've have a polished stone card!

Supplies for my card:

stamp set: Artfully Asian

cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Always Artichoke, glossy white

ink: Not Quite Navy (marker, pad, & reinker), Always Artichoke (Marker, pad, & reinker), Basic Black, Gold Encore (pad & reinker)

accessories: double circle punch, gold cord, dimensionals

No comments: