Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another Challenge...


This time it was a sketch challenge. I did stray away from Stampin' Up! on this one. I used some designer paper from Daisy D's designs. I wanted the "springy" look because I am SO SICK of winter!! I can't take much more! This card was so much fun to make. I looped a whole bunch of natural hemp twine together, tied it in the middle, then snipped the loops to form the nest. Then I piled 5 dimensionals high and attached the birdie (which I stamped on Bashful Blue cardstock then cut out without the legs). Here is the list of my supplies used...


stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me..., Everyday Flexible Phrases

cardstock: Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Daisy D's designer paper

ink: Basic Black

Accessories: natural hemp twine, dimensionals, bashful blue striped grosgrain

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...I love this! The little nest you made for the birdie, the gorgeous paper you chose and the ribbon...wonderful card!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

How cute!! I LOVE the nest!!!

Diane Noble said...

How clever to build the birdie a nest!!! Love this card...the layout, use of papers, adaptation of the birdie to a nest...very, very cute. So glad I found your blog!