Monday, May 28, 2007

Chocolate Balmy Breezes



This is a super simple card that looks like it took hours to create. I used two stampsets (Balmy Breezes and Everyday Flexible Phrases), and two colors of ink (Very Vanilla craft ink and Chocolate Chip classic pad). The cardstock I used is all Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip, Confetti Cream, and Au Chocolate Designer Series paper). I also used my bone folder to rough up the edges and a sponge to add a little "pop" of color to the edges of all the cardstock pieces. Here is how to make this simple masculine card...

I started by making the card out of Chocolate Chip cardstock. Then I stamped various stamps from Balmy Breezes in Very Vanilla Craft ink. While I waited for my craft ink to dry, I stamped the large palm tree using Chocolate Chip classic ink. I stamped words from Everyday Flexible Phrases around the palm tree. I distressed the edges with a bone folder and sponged on some Chocolate Chip ink around the edges. I layered the Confetti Cream cardstock and Au Chocolate paper, sponging and distressing the edges as I went. I attached the Palm Tree piece with Stampin' Dimensionals to make it pop. There you have it... a wonderful masculine card that will make a great Father's Day card for any Dad!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks very chocolately, and yummy. Lol